I wasn’t expecting to write this post until March 1—the official release date of my book—but something exciting happened…
Yes, that gets two exclamation points, because I am so excited to finally be able to share the book with you. I started writing it in September 2014, so it seems like today was a long time coming.
What other exciting release day news do I have to share? I’m glad you asked! Check this out (make sure to read all of it…details are at the end on how you can win one of a bunch of signed copies I’m giving away):
1. Early reviewers have had all kinds of great things to say about the book. Several reviews are already up on Amazon. One person emailed me yesterday to say, “Hey, I just wanted to let you know I finished your book last week and do not have enough good things to say about it. In 20 years of Children’s Ministry I have never read a book that I would tell every parent they need to read, until now…As a dad and a ministry leader I will be championing this book every chance I get.” I am so encouraged to hear how the book is helping people already!
And, in case you missed it before, J. Warner Wallace, author of Cold-Case Christianity and God’s Crime Scene, wrote the foreword, and the book has additionally been endorsed by Nancy Pearcey (author of Total Truth and Finding Truth), Sean McDowell (author of 15+ books, including A New Kind of Apologist, which came out this week as well), Melissa Cain Travis (professor and author of the Young Defenders series of apologetics books for kids), and Brett Kunkle (nationally known speaker from Stand to Reason). I’m greatly honored to receive the support of these amazing apologists.
2. The book has a retail price of $14.99, but enough preorders came in that Amazon and Barnes and Noble are both offering the book for just $8.56! I’m going to go out on a limb and say that’s a great deal. You’ll get 272 pages that cover 40 different critical faith topics to discuss with your kids, written specifically for parents, in an easy-to-understand way, saving you an enormous amount of research time…for less than the price of a movie ticket.
3. My publisher, Harvest House, is offering even greater discounts if you’d like to order a case (48 copies) or more for your church, private school, homeschool group, camp, or any other organization. Just send me an email through my contact form and I’ll put you in touch with the right person.
4. I’m doing a 10-week author read-along of the book in a private Facebook group. Would you like to read my book in community with like-minded Christian parents? Would you like to do that without having to get a babysitter? Would you like to be able to ask me questions about what you’re reading as you go? Would you like to have accountability for keeping up with your reading and implementing what you’re learning at home? All that is exactly what the read-along is for, and much more. Read on for details, and how you can win a signed copy of the book by joining the group today (it’s totally free!).
BOOK READ-ALONG DETAILS
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Join the Facebook group by February 29th (all you have to do is click the button that says “Join Group” after you click the link). If you join TODAY (February 18th), you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a signed copy of the book. I’m giving away one copy for every 20 people who join by midnight PST (winners chosen randomly). Those are good odds!
- Get your copy of the book by March 1. If you want a paperback, they’re already available for order. If you want the Kindle version, you can pre-order it now, but it won’t be delivered electronically until March 1.
- Read the Introduction by March 7. This is a whopping 6 pages…we’re starting easy. 🙂 I’ll post some author notes and questions that day and we’ll kick off our book discussion.
- Each week after that (for 10 weeks), the group will read 4 chapters (only about 20 pages per week). Each Monday, I’ll post thoughts and questions and we’ll dive into the topics together.
- When the read-along is over, I’m hoping the community will flourish into an ongoing group committed to getting better equipped to raise Christian kids in a secular world. Think of it as the “companion community” to my blog.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support so many of you have expressed over the last year and a half that I’ve been working on this book. It means so much to me.
I pray the book will bless you and your family in a meaningful way.