Keeping Your Kids on God's Side
Keeping Your Kids on God’s Side will introduce you to 40 of the most important faith challenges facing Christian kids today. It’s an “apologetics 101” for parents. Conversations cover the subject areas of God, truth and worldviews, Jesus, the Bible, and Science.
Keeping Your Kids on God’s Side was selected as a 2017 Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) Christian Book Award Finalist!
Order from Your Favorite Online Retailer
Table of Contents
PART 1: CONVERSATIONS ABOUT GOD
1. What evidence is there for God’s existence?
2. How could a good God allow evil and suffering?
3. Why would God command the genocide of the Canaanites?
4. How can a loving God send people to hell?
5. How can God judge people who have never even heard about Jesus?
6. Why would God need people to worship Him?
7. Why is God so hidden?
8. Is faith in God the opposite of reason?
PART 2: CONVERSATIONS ABOUT TRUTH AND WORLDVIEWS
9. What is the difference between objective and subjective truth?
10. Do all religions point to the same truth?
11. How can Christians claim they know what is objectively true?
12. How can personal experience help determine what is true?
13. How can common sense help determine what is true?
14. If Christianity is true, why are there so many denominations?
15. Is Christianity responsible for millions of deaths in history?
16. Are Christians less intelligent than atheists?
PART 3: CONVERSATIONS ABOUT JESUS
17. How do we know Jesus existed?
18. Did Jesus really claim to be God?
19. Did Jesus’ followers really believe He was God?
20. Why did Jesus need to die on the cross for our sins?
21. What are the historical facts of the resurrection that nearly every scholar agrees on?
22. What are the major theories people use to explain those facts?
23. Why do Christians believe a supernatural resurrection best explains the facts?
24. How can Christians believe miracles are even possible?
PART 4: CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THE BIBLE
25. How were the books in the Bible selected?
26. Why were books left out of the Bible?
27. How do we know we can trust the Bible’s authors?
28. How do we know the Bible we have today says what the authors originally wrote?
29. Does the Bible have errors and contradictions?
30. Does the Bible support slavery?
31. Does the Bible support rape?
32. Does the Bible support human sacrifice?
PART 5: CONVERSATIONS ABOUT SCIENCE
33. Why do Christians have varying views on how and when God created the world
34. What is young-Earth creationism?
35. How do mainstream scientists estimate the age of the Earth?
36. What is old-Earth creationism?
37. What is evolution?
38. What are the major pieces of evidence for evolution?
39. What are the major challenges to evolution?
40. What is intelligent design?
10 Tips for Having Deeper Faith Conversations with Your Kids
Natasha Crain is a national speaker, author of four books, blogger, and podcaster who is passionate about equipping Christians to think more clearly about holding to a biblical worldview in the midst of an increasingly challenging secular culture. She has been featured on radio and TV shows across the U.S. and Canada, and lives in southern California with her husband and three children. She writes at natashacrain.com.